What’s a Virus?
Viruses are technically not living organisms, but protein molecules (DNA) covered by a protective layer fat. When absorbed by the cells of the inside of your mouth, eyes, or nose, change their genetic code (mutate) and convert them into aggressor and multiplier cells.Because a virus is not a living organism it is not “killed” but rather decays on its own. The disintegration time depends on the temperature, humidity and type of material on which it lies.
The virus is very fragile because it’s only protected by a thin outer layer of fat. That is why any soap or detergent is the best method to disintegrate it, as the foam breaks down the fat (to make the soap foam adequately, you need to rub your hands together for 20 seconds or more). By dissolving the fat layer, the protein molecule disperses and breaks down on its own.
UVC light breaks down the virus protein on contact. However, UVC light is extremely dangerous to humans. UVC light will destroy most viruses instantly but it will also burn human skin in seconds.
What Doesn’t Work
- Antibacterial (antibiotics or bactericides) solutions DO NOT work because viruses are not living things.
- Alcoholic beverages will not work. The ABV (alcohol by volume) in even the strongest drinking spirits is lower than 70%.
- Vinegar is not useful against the virus as it does not break down the protective layer of fat.
- NEVER mix ammonia or ammonia products with bleach. This may release toxic gases that may be harmful or fatal.